Healing Flats is a nonprofit organization whose goal is to help provide comfortable and affordable accommodations for out-of-town Mayo Clinic patients whose procedures require long-term stay.
Eligibility, Admission, and Key Information
- Healing Flats is a non-profit organization. Rent covers utilities, housing costs are covered through the generous donations of our supporters.
- Lodging is provided for oncology patients and caregivers traveling far from home for medical care related to the patient’s cancer diagnosis at the rate of $25/day (30 day minimum/60 day maximum) plus a $100 cleaning fee and a $150 security deposit. All fees and payments are due at the time of booking. No refunds will be given for early check out.
- Patients staying at Healing Flats must be in active cancer treatment, and permanently reside outside the city of Rochester, MN. Each patient must be accompanied by a caregiver. No more than three people are permitted to stay overnight.
- Transportation to the Mayo Clinic or other medical facilities is not provided by Healing Flats. Healing Flats is located 3.5 miles away from the Mayo Clinic campus.
- Healing Flats is a fully furnished one-level living, 2-bedroom condominium. We supply most common kitchen equipment and linens. Laundry is available in the unit.
- Healing Flats does not allow pets.
- Healing Flats does not allow smoking on the premise.
- All individuals who meet Healing Flats’ eligibility requirements are welcome regardless of race, creed, citizenship, disability, gender, color, ethnic heritage, veteran status, economic status, or sexual orientation.
To inquire about availability, send us note on our Connect page
Pay Rent Now
Important! Do not pay until we have confirmed your reservation.